Hernia Repair for the Underserved
Hernia Repair for the Underserved (HRFU) is a not-for-profit organization that will use the Preferential Option for the Poor to guide all activities while providing free hernia surgery to adults and children in the Western Hemisphere.
“Providing exceptional care for the underserved is central to our mission.”
– Charles Filipi, MD President
We need your support
- Indigenous Patients travel 2 days from rural areas to Guatemala City and are provided transportation, housing, food, surgery and hospital care overnight.
- Supplies are hand carried from the USA to care for these patients including: IVs, meds, sterilized operating room supplies and much more.
- The team volunteers their vacation time and excellent skills to care for these most needed patients
- The team works along side an excellent Guatemala support team at the hospital who assist and coordinate all activities
- The cost to provide free surgery for each patient is $250
- Contact us today
Free Hernia Surgery for Underserved Children and Adults, a $1000 Donation Pays for 4 Hernia Operations.